The insurance company must insure the civil liability of the owner, the holder and any driver of the insured vehicle. This insurance policy allows only the following legal exceptions:
- The civil liability of the person who stole the insured vehicle
- The civil liability of the person who intentionally caused the accident
- The civil liability against the persons who have agreed, and acknowledge, to be moved by a car that has been illegally removed or is used for criminal acts.
- The damages caused by an unlicensed driver
- The damages caused by a driver driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- The damages caused by a car which is used for purposes other than the insured ones
For instances 4-6, the insurance company compensates the injured third party and then can request refund for those paid by the insured party.